Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 13 – Amiens - Wednesday, January 15th 2014: Liam Miller

Today we visited the World War 1 Australian graveyard. When I first walked off the bus, I thought about how cold it would’ve been 100 years ago without thermals and warm clothing. Many of the young boys who enlisted were eager to be part of the war and had no idea about what awaited them. Some of the boys who died were only a few years older than me. I wonder how they felt when they came face to face with the harsh realities of war.


Today’s visits to the battlefields will help loads with my Year 9/10 History lessons and has given me a better understanding of this period in time.


Liam Miller
Yr 9 Student

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not be posted until approved by St Paul's College

Comment as: Name / URL, Enter your name and leave URL blank