Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 18 – London - Monday, January 20th 2014: Tania Vial

I have to laugh…I have just read Jim’s written account of his room in Bath. Let me assure you, he is not exaggerating. In fact, I would say that he has down- played his accommodation (if you can call it that) there, and of course, Jim’s rendition of Quasimodo was to die for…..always the comic! Many of you may not know that Jim was once part of an amateur acting company. In some ways, I think he has missed his calling, although he has transferred many of these skills to his teaching career.

Today, we did the Madame Tussauds thing and again did a lot of walking. My small group walked across Hyde Park to Buckingham Palace and then to Harrods; a glorious store, but like everything in England….very expensive.

Tonight, two of the boys were keen on going shopping, so some time was spent ushering them to various stores.

It’s hard to believe our trip ends tomorrow. It has been a whirlwind tour of Europe, but very much a worthwhile one for the boys and girls who have taken part. I am sure they will look back fondly at this time in years to come.

Tomorrow, my group of boys will be doing the shopping run and this means we won’t need to go far as we are virtually on the doorstep of the main shopping zone. (Oxford and Regent streets)

Having returned from our meal at a nearby restaurant and having seconded a few boys to write a few words for the blog, I am now very much ready for bed.

Not looking forward to the 27 or so hour long stretch it will take to arrive home, but it will be nice to be back home and in my own bed…Very much looking forward to a good night’s sleep!!!



Tania Vial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not be posted until approved by St Paul's College

Comment as: Name / URL, Enter your name and leave URL blank