Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 14 – Ypres - Thursday, January 16th 2014: Robert Harrison

Tonight we had the last post played by the fire department which hit a bit of a personal connection because my grandfather fought at Ypres.


While the men were playing their bugles it reminded me of the stories of the battles I was told my grandfather fought in when he was in the 10th battalion. During the ceremony, I felt a lot of different things. I felt sadness for the soldiers whose bodies haven’t been found and joy because their sacrifice meant that people like me and you are able to live the lives we have today.


Robert Harrison
Yr 11 Student

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not be posted until approved by St Paul's College

Comment as: Name / URL, Enter your name and leave URL blank